Sunday, October 25, 2009

Walking Into Africa for a Week Long Exploit




WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN ZION! I have to say that there is no greater thing than walking around the Old City by yourself. You have your headphones in, you’ve got a decent stroll going on and nothing can ruin your complete meditation on Him. The Lamb that was slain took place not too far from where I stand now eating my falafel and with that I can enjoy knowing that im truly forgiven. HOW HE LOVES US SO!
With that in mind, I must say that I was given a very grand opportunity last week. I got to attend a conference outside of Cairo, Egypt in the El Wadi Desert. It was a week that I will never forget. If you can imagine… 5000 Arab youth crying their hearts out for the LORD and about 125 beautiful people gave their lives to Him. PRAISE HIM!! The conference was called “ONE THING” and its main purpose is calling this generation to a life a prayer and fasting and worship to our heavenly Father. They are a group of anointed musicians and teachers traveling the globe to many different cities teaching on this lifestyle separate from the “norm” and changing the lives of millions wherever the sole of their feet tread. I know that God absolutely used them in my life and in the formation of revival in Egypt. I was able to spend the entire week building amazing friendships with several people. One family took us into their house for a night and treated us as kings, serving us their best foods and waiting on us constantly. The other nights we had local churches invite us to stay in their guest rooms. It was truly a God-blessed adventure!
Traveling across the border to and from Egypt was an adventure in and of itself. The security issues are insane! I was asked countless times for my passport and I am uncomfortable in telling you of the coming and going fees in Egypt. But after a couple of hours at the pyramids, munching some delicious Egyptian food, experiencing unforgettable WORSHIP, and falling in love with an Egyptian girl; I was well ready to come back to my bed in Jerusalem. I’m very blessed today and I give praise to God for everything He has done for me so far here. I continue to pray for you all, and may the ALMIGHTY GOD rain his spirit upon you wherever you are.
GRACE &SHALOM brothers and sisters

1 comment:

  1. Falling in love with an Egyptian girl?

    Joe this sounds so amazing. I love hearing about revival in Egypt. It's something you would never normally think about. God moves everywhere and He is at work!
    Can't wait for the annual holiday call. Where will you be?

    ReplyDelete